À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ contact@studyiq.com
¿À·ù³»¿ë ÅؽºÆ®¿Í »ðÈ­¿¡ ÀϺ»Çطθ¸ Ç¥±â
E-mail / Contact
¼­·Ð

Dear one who concerns,

I hope this letter finds you well.

I am Joowon Yoo, a high school student from Korea. I am actively engaged in advocating for the recognition of "Dokdo" and the "East Sea" in Korea.

While reading through your website, I noticed that the term 'East Sea' was incorrectly labeled as the 'Sea of Japan.' In particular, the entire sea between the Korean Peninsula and the Japanese archipelago is labeled the Sea of Japan in the article's illustration. I am writing this letter to request the appropriate correction for this error or the inclusion of both terms.

I wish to address an issue of great significance, one that touches upon historical legacies, cultural identities, and the principles of fairness and inclusivity. Specifically, I wish to discuss the naming of a body of water, a matter that may seem trivial on the surface but carries profound implications for the people and nations it represents.

º»·Ð

For centuries, the sea that lies between the Korean Peninsula and the Japanese archipelago has been known by different names. While it is commonly referred to as the "Sea of Japan," it is imperative that we recognize and respect the fact that it is also known as the "East Sea" in Korea. This duality of nomenclature reflects the diverse perspectives and historical narratives intertwined with this body of water.

The term "East Sea" holds deep significance for the Korean people, rooted in their rich cultural heritage and historical experiences. It symbolizes more than just a geographical location; it embodies a sense of identity, unity, and connection to their homeland. To dismiss or overlook this perspective is to disregard the voices and aspirations of millions who hold the East Sea dear to their hearts.

Furthermore, our commitment to fairness and inclusivity demands that we acknowledge and honor the diverse perspectives of all nations involved. Using only the term "Sea of Japan" neglects the historical and cultural significance attached to the sea by Korea, perpetuating a narrative that marginalizes their voices and erases their presence from the collective consciousness.

°á·Ð

By advocating for the use of the term "East Sea" alongside "Sea of Japan," we uphold the principles of equity and respect for diverse viewpoints. We affirm our commitment to recognizing the multifaceted nature of our world, where different cultures and histories converge and enrich our collective understanding.

I urge you to consider the importance of embracing this inclusive approach to naming the sea. Let us lead by example, fostering dialogue and understanding among nations, and promoting a more harmonious and equitable world. Together, we can make a difference, one word at a time.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Joowon Yoo

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]