:::::: ³ª¶ó[µ¶µµ]»ì¸®±â¿îµ¿º»ºÎ ::::::
ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 24-03-09 23:50
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : ÀÌÈ­¿©´ëȲÀ¯Áø
Á¶È¸ : 35  
   https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Map-of-the-Sea-of-Japan-and-adjace¡¦ [13]
https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Map-of-the-Sea-of-Japan-and-adjacent-land-areas-showing-the-known-geographical_fig5_44176257
¼­ÇÑ ½ÃÁ¤¼­ÇÑ 
¸Åü À¥»çÀÌÆ® 
À̽´ µ¿ÇØ 
¾ð¾î ¿µ¾î
¼­ÇѺ¸³»´Â°÷ https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Map-of-the-Sea-of-Japan-and-adjacent-land-areas-showing-the-known-geographical_fig5_44176257
¿À·ù³»¿ë µ¿Çظ¦ sea of japanÀ¸·Î Ç¥±âÇÔ
E-mail / Contact joryung3@naver.com
¼­·Ð

Dear one who concerns.

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Yujin Hwang, and I am engaged in efforts to safeguard our territory and territorial waters, seeking recognition from the international community.

I am reaching out to address a matter I observed on your website regarding the designation of the body of water known as the "East Sea" and its incorrect labeling as the "Sea of Japan." I would like to provide you with historical context and kindly request a correction in future articles.

º»·Ð

The term 'East Sea' has been used by Koreans for over 2,000 years, a fact substantiated by various historical sources and ancient maps. In contrast, the name 'Sea of Japan' is traced back to Matteo Ricci's "Gonyeo Mangukjeon" in 1602, as indicated in several historical records. The claim that the name was established in the 19th century is contested, given that contemporary Japanese maps marked these waters as the 'Sea of Joseon.'

During the late 19th and early 20th centuries, coinciding with Japan's ascendancy in Asia, the 'East Sea' began to be widely referred to as the 'Sea of Japan.' Notably, the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) published the first edition of "Limits of Oceans and Seas" in 1929, during Japan's colonial rule over Korea, contributing to the international dissemination of the 'Sea of Japan' label.

Despite challenges, our country, especially in the aftermath of the Korean War, has consistently advocated for the rightful recognition of the 'East Sea.' For instance, during the 1965 Korea-Japan Fisheries Agreement, both nations reached a compromise to use 'East Sea' and 'Sea of Japan' in their respective language versions. Subsequent efforts culminated in Korea officially raising the East Sea marking issue at the 1992 United Nations Conference on Geographical Names Standardization.

The term 'East Sea' holds deep cultural significance for 75 million Korean people, enduring for over 2,000 years and finding a place in the first verse of our national anthem. However, unlike Japan, we advocate for a balanced approach, suggesting the use of both 'East Sea' and 'Japan Sea.'

°á·Ð

Therefore, I kindly request your consideration in correcting the 'Japan Sea' designation on your website to 'East Sea' or 'East Sea (Japan Sea).' Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated, and we look forward to your positive response.

Wishing you endless prosperity.

Sincerely,

Yujin Hwang

¼­ÇѼö½Åó  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Á¦¸ñ  [º¹»çÇϱâ]
Ä£¼±¼­Çѳ»¿ë  [º¹»çÇϱâ]